|Abigail (my niece), my Mom, and Carrington|
It has been 6 months since we said goodbye to my Mom. She went to Heaven on May 5. Our family misses her very much. Since it is November and we have Thanksgiving coming up, I thought that I would list some things that I am thankful for about my precious Mom.
1. I am thankful that she loved her family passionately, and taught my sisters and I to cherish our families and to be "workers at home".
2. I am thankful that she was a Christian, taught us about the Lord, and took us to church every Sunday.
3. I am thankful that she made every holiday so fun and special, for her children and then for her grandchildren.
4. I am thankful that she told us so many stories of growing up in the South in the 50's. She had an awesome childhood! :)
5. I am thankful that she was a great cook and taught us that you NEVER take store-bought food to a pot-luck.
6. I am thankful for all of the beautiful things she made for my children, from costumes, to dolls, to a small quilt. They are special treasures.
7. I am thankful that she was always interested in what was going on in our lives. About 4 days before she died, she saw Clayton doing some karate moves in her hospital room, and she had a big smile on her face watching him.
8. I am thankful that whenever my daughter was lonely, she could pick up the phone and call Grandma.
9. I'm thankful that she saved babies from abortion through her work at a crisis pregnancy center for almost 20 years.
10. I'm thankful that she was so much fun to be with and talk to.
I love you Mom!