Friday, December 17, 2010
1. He is always happiest when he is with his family.
2. He took us to church every Sunday when we were growing up.
3. He is crazy about his 14 grandchildren and they are crazy about him.
4. He does soooooo much for my Mom, who has really bad health..........from sitting in doctors offices for hours to giving her back rubs every night.
5. His Bible is worn out.
6. He dove off the diving board last summer while his grandchildren cheered him on.
7. He sends money to my brother every year for Christmas and his birthday, even though he never gets a phone call or thank you note in return.
8. When our family is all together, he waits until everyone else has been served before he gets his food.
9. He used to work as a chaplain at a men's prison. A lot of the prisoners still write him letters because he made such a positive impact on them.
10. He has never been in a hospital (he was born at home) and he says he never will.
11. He watches VERY little tv.
12. He once walked out of a play because one of the actors was cursing like crazy.
13. He has been trying to warn people about the evils of globalization long before Glen Beck came on the scene.........even though a lot of people think he's a kook. :o)
14. In 1965 he took a job as a counselor at a children's home. When the children told him that they were being abused by the other workers at the home, he took the children's home to court and raised all kinds of stink.
15. He worked his way through college and seminary and got his Master's Degree in Youth Ministry from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
16. When it came to discipline, he was a softie with my siblings and me. We never obeyed him out of fear.
17. He enjoyed going on camping trips and other activities with us when we were growing up. We have so many fun memories of our childhood.
18. He would never tell, or laugh at, a dirty joke.
19. He loves our country........at least what it used to be.
20. He's a wonderful Dad and Grandpa!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Last year, Carrington fell in love with her Drama class. Her teacher is sweet, encouraging, and wonderful. This year, she is taking Tap as well, and is having a blast. They had a Parent Watch Day on Monday, so we could go in and watch the class. It was so fun to watch her Tap class. There are 4 girls in the class, and I was amazed at how in sync they were. Carrington has only had Tap one other time several years ago, so I wasn't sure how she would do. Her dance teacher is awesome and Carrington has definitely gotten the hang of it. I'm so glad that she has her 2 classes every week that she enjoys so much!
The top 2 pictures are from Carrington's Drama recital. I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was too busy videotaping. Carrington recited "The Night Before Christmas" by Clement C. Moore. It is really long but she did a great job.
Monday, December 6, 2010
This is one of my favorite Christmas books that we have read together. I found it at our local public library. It is such a sweet story about a family who didn't have a lot of money, but they were rich in children and love. It's a true story and the family ended up living in Loveland, Ohio which is close to where I went to highschool. It's a great story to teach selflessness to your children.