Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July at Grandma's House

My Mom was greatly missed.  She was always so good at making holidays and parties special, and loved it when all of her family came to visit.
Abigail, Carrington, and Lydia working in Grandma's kitchen.
Lily Kate, the birthday girl, turned 3 two days after the 4th.
Most of the girl cousins:  Mariah, Carrington, Madeline, Lydia, Abigail, and McKenzie. 
My sisters, Kellie, Marcy, and I.
My niece McKenzie surprised my sister Kellie with this beautiful baby blanket.  She made it out of some of my Mom's material.  Here she is showing it to my Dad.

We let the kids pick out some little trinkets that belonged to my Mom, starting with the youngest and going up.  It was so cute to see what they picked out.  They all miss my Mom very much.  She was the best Grandma!
Lydia and I made this lovely fruit basket.  Isn't it patriotic????  :o)


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful family times! I know your mom LOVED watching every aspect of this visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a great time with y'all! My favorite picture of you was definitely the one attacking the watermelon basket!

    ReplyDelete

free counters

My Play List