Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

An eventful visit to Aunt Marcy's house






























We were headed to my sister Marcy's house on Friday. Carrington was so excited to see her cousins that she woke up at 6:30. This would have been fine if she had gone to bed on time, but she got upset about something the night before and couldn't go to sleep. On the way to Marcy's she tried to sleep in the car, but she couldn't. It's a 3 hour drive. She didn't want to eat when we stopped for lunch, but this is not unusual. My kids don't always have hearty appetites. As soon as she got out of the car at Marcy's she ran over and hugged Madeline and then proceeded to throw up. Carrington started crying, Madeline was crying, and I felt like crying at the thought of getting back in the car and driving for 3 more hours home. Marcy has a newborn plus 5 other kids and I knew she didn't need her kids getting sick after all they've been through lately. Carrington ended up feeling fine right away and I felt pretty sure that she was just really tired and probably also car sick. To be safe, we ended up all hanging out outside and let the kids play for several hours. We just told them not to get too close to each other. Carrington has been fine ever since and nobody else seems to have anything, thank goodness! And I got to see my new nephew, who is adorable! We spent the night at my Mom and Dad's house and then headed home today. My kids are like their Mama, they have to have their sleep!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    I felt so bad for you all! I am glad you got to spend a little time with us though!:)

    We hope you can come again for a another visit soon...

    McKenzie

    ReplyDelete

free counters

My Play List