Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Bud and Me and our garden.




























































































We started on our little raised bed garden yesterday. My children and I had fun picking out a few things at a local nursery. The people there were so helpful! I love talking to people who know a lot about gardening. It's a lot more fun than reading a book. I learned that fruit trees don't do very well in this area, but blueberry bushes do very well. I learned that growing mint in a pot is good because it tends to take over the area in a garden. Last year I put too much in my little garden. The tomato plants took over, but my dirt didn't have enough calcium so they didn't do very well. There is nothing better than home grown tomatoes in the summertime! We have 2 apple trees in our backyard. I planted them 2 years ago, so I'm not holding my breath, but it would be so exciting to get a couple of apples. Both of them have blooms right now.

I took the pictures of Carrington and Clayton while they were sleeping in my bed. Warren was out of town, so they got to sleep with me. They love it.
I had to share about the latest book on CD that we just loved! Bud and Me is a true story about the Abernathy boys who traveled across country on horsebook by themselves starting in 1909. They were little boys! Their Mom had died, otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't have been allowed to do it. Of course, it was a much more innocent country they lived in than what we are experiencing. They met a lot of famous people, including 2 presidents, and had a lot of great experiences while traveling. One of the neat things about the book is that both boys are very responsible, honest, and trustworthy. We have talked a lot about this book since listening to it. You can find it on www.amazon.com or www.visionforum.com.













No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

My Play List