Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Our family has made so many fun memories in this pool over the last 24 years.
My Dad buys Mandavillas every year to put by his pool.
My Dad and I.
Grandma's house.
The best Grandma in the world.
Today would have been my Mom's 68th birthday.  I went to Hobby Lobby to return something, and I wanted so badly to buy something for her.  I miss her terribly.  We all miss her terribly.  I am so happy for my Mom.  Really I am.  I know that today was the best birthday she has ever had.  She is in heaven and couldn't be happier.  It's just so hard not to be able to talk to her. 
In honor of her birthday, I thought I would list some things I love about my Mom.
1.  She loved her family more than anyone I know.
2.  She was so proud of her grandchildren and their accomplishments.
3.  She was always interested in whatever was going on in our lives.
4.  She loved holidays and made them fun and special.
5.  She did things for other people, even when she didn't feel good.
6.  She was an excellent Southern cook.
7. She was sentimental.
8. She was passionately pro-life, and saved many babies through her work at a crisis pregnancy center.
9. She was a Christ follower and spent her life working for the Lord.
10.She made many wonderful things for the people she loved, including quilts, dresses, raggedy-ann dolls, costumes, etc.
11. She took the time to write in journals for all of her grandchildren
12.  She taught her 3 daughters to love faith and family, home and motherhood.
14.  She genuinely cared about people.
15.  She gave us a love of family history.
16.  She was fun to be around.
17.  She taught us that you should never take store bought food to a potluck.
18.  She gave us a really fun childhood.
19.  She welcomed my prodigal brother back with open arms.
20.  She made many wonderful traditions for our family that we will always cherish.

We miss you so much Mom!  I can't wait to see you again some day.  I know that you will be there to greet each one of us when we reach those pearly gates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

My Play List