Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spontaneity


One night we were traveling home from my Mom and Dad's house.  Yes, it will always be "Grandma's house".  We were driving along and saw this little fair in a small town.  The rides were all lit up.  My kids said, "Can we stop and just ride one ride Mom?"  I didn't hesitate to say yes.  I love to see my kids having fun.  They got to ride the bumper cars.  If I had to do it over again, I would let them ride another ride.  :o)  My Mom was fun, and I am inspired more than ever to do fun things with my kids.  I don't have fond memories of my childhood because we had an immaculate house.  My Mom wasn't a stickler about the house.  My fond memories are of the fun holidays and family outings we had.  And so........I will not stress out about the numerous boxes of family pictures that are stacked up in my office or the fact that Clayton's room needs painting really badly.  Right now we are having a crazy, busy, stressful time but I am going to try to be positive and make the best of it for my children.  My circumstances are rather out of my control right now, but I will keep trying to find little things to make the days fun for my sweet kiddos.  My Mom would like that.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

My Play List