Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

books and baseball






























These pictures are mixed up. The baseball pictures are from last year. We took pictures of Clayton tonight at his game, but for some reason I can't get them to download from my camera. It doesn't take much to stump me when it comes to technology.
Clayton had a great game tonight. Earlier today he was worried about the game. He asked me, "What if I strike out with the kid pitch?". This season they have started using the kids to pitch as opposed to a machine pitch. He does really well hitting from a machine pitched ball, but he gets flustered sometimes with the kids pitching. Clayton said, "Mommy, will you pray for me not to strike out?" I prayed that God would calm his nerves so that he could do his very best and that he would get a hit. He had a great hit at his game last Saturday. After that game, Clayton said, "Are you proud of me Daddy, for having such a good hit?" Warren told him that he was very proud of him, but that he would be proud of him even if he struck out. Warren got home early to practice with Clayton before the game tonight.
Towards the end of the game, we were losing 3 to 4. Then in the last inning we tied at 4 to 4. Clayton came up to bat and hit a line drive all the way to the back fence. 2 of our players came home and Clayton ran to second base. We won the game. Everyone started screaming for Clayton. All of the players and coaches high-fived him. I was so happy for him I could have cried. It's amazing how soft-hearted motherhood makes us!
This week, I read Teddy's Button to my kids. What an awesome story! It's about a little boy who becomes a Christian with the guidance of his pastor. The pastor uses a lot of military terminology that the little boy can relate to, such as Jesus being our Captain and the little boy being a soldier in God's army. Clayton was so inspired by this story and so into it. At one point in the story, Teddy's pastor talks about God having a banner of love and that we need to have a banner of love over other people. Soooo we made a banner and the kids decorated it.
Ever since I started the book Clayton has been wearing his capes and playing with his plastic sword and shield. He has a Superman cape and a Bibleman cape. Carrington wore the Bibleman cape while doing the dishes. You never know what my kids will have on during the course of the day. Clayton wore his Bibleman cape and mask to the grocery store the other day. Carrington was mortified and wanted to act like she didn't know him. It was so cute to see how many people smiled at him in the grocery store. It certainly put a smile on my face!




1 comment:

  1. Way to go Clayton!!! ☺ Carrington was telling me about him wearing that in the store, she was pretty mortified!

    Love,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete

free counters

My Play List