Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Memphis, Tennessee

Graceland
<>
On the way to Mud Island River Walk
Boats on the Mississippi River
This pyramid shaped building is going to hold a Bass Pro Shop
Clayton walking down the "Mississippi River"
A scene from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Overlooking the Mississippi River
Carrington walking down the "river"
Our steamboat ride
Add caption
Grafitti in front of Graceland
Clayton enjoying the boat ride

Yeah!  I finally got to post some pictures!  Warren helped me.  I have had trouble with downloading pictures all summer.  These are some of the pics from our trip to Arkansas.  We stayed a couple of nights in Memphis, TN and there were some really fun things to see.  Memphis is right on the Mississippi River, so we went on a steamboat ride on the river.  We listened to the book, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"on CD in the car while on our trip since the setting is on the Mississippi River.  It was really neat to see the painting of Tom, his friends,and the whitewashing of the fence at the Mississippi River museum.  My kids were excited that they knew where that scene came from.  We also went to a really neat place called, Mud Island River Walk in Memphis, right next to the river.  It is a scaled down version of the Mississippi River and the states that border it.  It was very pretty and a lot of fun for the kids to walk from the beginning to the end.  The "Gulf of Mexico" was a big wading pool with a huge fountain and some boat rides.  I highly recommend this place if you're ever in Memphis with your children.  I even enjoyed it walking in the water on such a hot day.
We also had to stop by Graceland just to take a peek over the fence.  We didn't do the tour, but I do think it would be fun to go in Elvis' house.  It was awful to see how much graffiti was on the fence and the sidewalk in front of the property.  Graceland is a really beautiful place and it is so cheapenend by all of the graffiti.  
P.S.  I tried to delete the 2 terrible pictures of myself, but I don't know how.  Surprise, huh?  Maybe Carrington can show me how.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

My Play List