Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Precious Things


The other night, I was working on putting out Christmas decorations.  Clayton was looking at one of my snowglobes on the mantle.  I had told him not to touch them when I got them out of the box a few days before.  With a very sincere look on his face, Clayton asked, "What's so fun about having a snowglobe if you're the only one who's allowed to touch it?"  Wow!  I felt so bad!  Clayton is a gazillion times more important than my 2 snowglobes.  He's more important than all the snowglobes in the world!  I took the snowglobe off of the mantle and told him to sit on the rug.  I showed him how to wind it up to play music.  He had a fun time listening to the music, and I was reminded that "stuff" is not to be treasured as more precious than my family members.  If it breaks, it breaks.  My children are so good at helping me to remember what is important in life!

4 comments:

  1. That was a great post Aunt Monica!! Thank you for the reminder...

    McKenzie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Out of the mouths of babes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!!! What a great reminder. Especially during Christmas time...
    ~Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aunt Monica! Truly a great reminder....
    That's something we all should practice.
    Love you.........

    ReplyDelete

free counters

My Play List