Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

10 Prayers for my Daughter


Carrington at age 4.





It's 1:00 in the morning, so I can officially say that Carrington is 12 years old.  She was born at 12:57 AM on a Tuesday morning. 
As you can tell by my music, I am feeling very sentimental.  I can't believe how the time has flown by!  I have loved every minute of being Carrington's Mom and I'm looking forward to watching her grow up. 
I love lists, so I thought I would write a list of things I pray for.

1.  I pray that Carrington will always love God with all of her heart, and that she will not be a lukewarm Christian.  (Carrington and I have been praying this for our whole family.)

2.  I pray that Carrington will never go through a time of rebellion.  Of course we can ask God for forgiveness when we mess up, but sometimes the consequences of sin can affect you for the rest of your life. 

3.  I pray that Carrington will marry a Godly Christian man.  This is SO important!  Marriage is hard enough, but it helps so much when you both love God and are trying to live for him.

4.  I pray that Carrington's husband will cherish her.  Men need to be respected, but women need to be loved and cherished. 

5.  I pray that God will bless her with children.  Carrington loves babies and young children, and I know that she will be a great Mommy someday.

6.  I pray that Carrington will always tell the truth, even when it would be easier to lie or cover up something.  Sometimes we do make mistakes, even big ones, but it never makes things better to lie about it or try to cover up our mistake.

7.  I pray that Carrington will always have friends that encourage her in her faith and not drag her down.  It is so much easier for friends to drag a Christian down, than for a Christian to pull non-Christian friends up.

8.  I pray that Carrington will obey God even when it's difficult.

9.  I pray that Carrington will continue to have strong convictions and will always stand up for what is right.  Carrington is pretty black and white about things.  I know that I can trust her not to watch movies or tv shows that aren't good.

10.  I pray that Carrington will challenge herself and strive to do hard things.

Happy Birthday precious girl!  You are a delight to have for a daughter!!

Love,                                             
Mama                            

1 comment:

  1. These prayers are perfect! I'll be praying them over Annelise now, too!
    And *HOW* is it possible that I met her when she was that awesome 4-yr-old?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

free counters

My Play List