Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Shelter of the Most High



































































"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress. My God in whom I trust!" Psalm 91: 1-2 The entire chapter of Psalm 91 would apply to the situation my sister's family experienced last Sunday. God protected them in a terrible car accident involving my brother-in-law, Marc and 2 of his sons, Matthew and Malachi. (Malachi is the little guy in the the picture with Clayton. Matthew is the tall boy in the back in the last picture.) Matthew was hit the worst and was knocked unconscious for a while after the accident. Malachi is scraped up and has a broken leg. Imagine having a 3-year old in a leg cast! Marc was banged up too but I'm sure the worst for him by far was seeing his sons hurt so badly.
God really showed his grace, mercy, and protection that day in the fact that Matthew came out as well as he did. The car apparently looks really awful. A family friend saw the accident right after it happened and was able to help out and get word to Marcy what had happened and where. Another amazing thing is that my sister Kellie drove up in Marcy's driveway not long after the accident happened with her kids. (Kellie lives 2 hours away from Marcy, but had come to see Marcy's new baby.) God knew what a heartwrenching day it would be for Marcy. Kellie was able to drive her to the scene of the car accident and pick up Malachi to take home. After that, Marcy was able to leave the rest of her kids at home with Kellie so she could go to the hospital to see Marc and Matthew. The people in their church have been amazing in the way they have helped out.
We are so thankful that Marc, Matthew, and Malachi are alive and healing. Life is so very fragile. Even if you're a careful driver, other people aren't always so careful. I just love how God really shows how much He cares about us when we are going through really hard times. I love that God is in the details of our lives.
The other pictures are from our trip to Pigeon Forge. We just got home yesterday.




















1 comment:

free counters

My Play List