Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sausage Quiche = Yummo!

The finished product

3 cups cheese

1/2 cup sliced green onion

3 cups milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

6 beaten eggs

1 pound ground beef, turkey, or venison

1 teaspoon sage, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons water

Clayton loves it!

Last week we had a fellowship meal at our church, which we have once a month.  The theme was Kid's Favorites.  I asked Clayton what he wanted me to fix.  He said, "You know the thing you fixed and I ate all of mine and then ate some of yours and Carrington's too?  That's what I want you to fix."  He was talking about Quiche.  I adapted this recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cook book.  You'll find it under "Choose a Flavor Quiche".  My recipe is for 2 quiche..........or is it quiches?  :-) 
My pictures are backwards, by the way!  Uggghhh!    Just when I think I've got this blogging thing figured out, I mess up something else!
~
~ You can make your own crust, or buy one from the store. 
~Bake pastry for about 10 minutes at 425 degrees.  Half way through, I put foil on the edges, so they don't overcook.
~ Lower your oven to 325 degrees.
~ I make my own sausage.  I used 1 pound of ground beef and added thyme, sage, and water.  (See above.)
~ Brown sausage and put in large bowl.
~ Add 6 beaten eggs to bowl.
~ Add 3 cups milk (I used 2 %)
~ Add chopped green onions
~ Add 2 dashes of nutmeg
~ Add 3 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
~ Add 1/2 tsp. salt
~ Stir ingredients and pour into 2 pie crusts
~ Bake in the oven for 35 minutes (again I cover the edges with foil part of the time, so they don't burn)    
Serves 8 people.........at least!  This is good with a salad.   

I hope you like it!                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

My Play List